Prevention 4 Professionals: Identifying and Responding to the Risk and Protective Factors for Youth Perpetration of Sexual Abuse
June 11 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Presenters: David Prescott, LCSW, LICSW and Becky Palmer, MS
Host: Alisa Klein
Date and Time: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 from 3-4 PM EST
Description: This webinar explores risk factors and warning signs that will help professionals prevent sexual abuse before it happens. This includes warning signs and “protective factors” – those factors that mitigate risk for abuse. This webinar is targeted towards teachers, after-school staff, community educators, coaches, pediatricians, and other non-clinicians who work with youth.
1. Identify risk factors for sexual abuse by adolescents
2. Identify protective factors that mitigate risk
3. Identify warning signs for preventing sexual abuse
4. Recognize the importance of nurturing protective factors
5. Identify how protective factors can support youth in various domains of their lives
6. Understand the levels of prevention
You can register for this webinar here.
The video presentation of this webinar will be posted here once the webinar is complete.