CANCELLED: Growing Beyond: An Introduction to Adolescent Girls with Sexually Abusive Behavior
May 15, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Description: Within the area of sex offender treatment, there is a significant body of research and treatment information on males who have committed sexual offenses. Comparatively, the research on females who have committed sexual offenses is small but growing. Although there are many similarities between males and females who have sexually offended, differences are also evident and need to be acknowledged and addressed. This webinar provides an overview of the research that has been done on this unique population. Some of the differences between male and females who engage in sexual offending behavior will be discussed. In addition, the clinical needs of these girls and their therapeutic process will be explored.
- Describe the literature specific to this population.
- Identify 4 main areas to assess with girls who have committed sex offenders.
- State their clinical needs and associated treatment goals.
You can view the YouTube recording of this webinar when it is available on our YouTube Channel.
You can access the PowerPoint slides for this presentation here.
**Our CE process has recently changed. Please read carefully!
1. Please go to the following website to purchase CE credits BEFORE YOU REGISTER FOR THE WEBINAR ITSELF: www.orlandobehaviorhealth.org. Using the PayPal button for the correct course or webinar, select your license type using the dropdown menu for the course/webinar by following the NEARI link on top of the website (www.orlandobehaviorhealth.org/NEARI.html), and select the menu item for the correct webinar or course.
2. The questions and final post-test evaluation are available directly via links on the CE course listing on the Orlando Behavior Health services website. After you attend the webinar, please follow the links to complete your post-test evaluation.
3. Answer the test questions and save the test with your answers and post-test in a Word document.
4. Email your completed post-test with answers to firstname.lastname@example.org:
5. You must achieve at least 80% correct answers to receive CEs.
6. Once your test is confirmed as correct, Orlando Behavior Health Services will email your CE certificate.
7. If you do not receive your certificate within two weeks, lease contact OBHS at the email address above, or email Krysten Lobisch at email@example.com.