Creating Sexually Safer Congregations
March 31, 2015 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This webinar offers one Continuing Education Credit for Social Workers and Psychologists.
Faith communities need policies and procedures to prevent sexual abuse, sexual harassment and sexual misconduct in the congregation. The Religious Institute, using a national consensus process, has created a new safer congregation’s best practice initiative for congregations across the theological spectrum. The webinar will address why faith communities must renew their commitment to sexually safer policies and procedures, provide an overview of how denominations currently address these issues, introduce the key criteria of a sexually safer congregation, and discuss how sex abuse experts and treatment providers can actively partner with faith communities.
Please click here to view the recording of this webinar on the NEARI Press YouTube channel.
Please click here to view the presentation slides.
INSTRUCTIONS TO RECEIVE CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:
- Download post-test questions from Orlando Behavior Health Services at the time you purchase your CEs; you may need to scroll down to find the webinar.
To get to the test, you must complete your PayPal purchase first. In the confirmation message, click the option to go back to the vendor site (www.orlandobehaviorhealth.org). The link will take you to a page with the download link for the questions file. In some browsers, the page will open, and in Google Chrome, the file will load as a link at the bottom of the browser window. Click on that download link to open the questions file.
- Answer True or False for each question;
- Save the test and your answers in a Word document;
- Email your test and answers as an attachment to Orlando Behavior Health Services at email@example.com Dr. Michael Weinberg;
- Include your license type, license number and state;
- You must achieve at least 80% in order to receive CEs. Your certificate will be emailed to you from Orlando Behavior Health Services.
If you need further assistance with Continuing Education Credits, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-315-0565
Please click here to purchase Continuing Education Credits for Social Workers and Psychologists.
Please click here for the online course – Balancing Acts: Keeping Children Safe in Congregations presented by The Reverend Debra Haffner and Joan Tabachnick, MBA. The course is approved for 4 continuing education credits for psychologist and social workers. NOTE: When opening the link, right click and choose open in new window to ensure it opens properly.
FEATURED NEARI RESOURCES