Would you like to publish with NEARI Press?
If you have a book that you would like to publish with NEARI Press, we would be interested in hearing your ideas! Because we only publish a few books each year, we have to be selective about the books we choose. If your book is about the following topics, please consider sending us a proposal. To facilitate a quick response from us, we ask you take a look at NEARI’s mission and values to ensure that your work is compatible with the work that we do here.
Key focus areas for NEARI Press:
- Workbooks targeting adult sex offenders, children and adolescents who have sexually abused, and children and adolescents with sexual behavior problems or who may be at risk to abuse.
- Guidebooks or evidence-informed curriculum for professionals working with someone who has been victimized by sexual abuse or who has perpetrated sexual harm.
- Material for family members, parents, and caretakers of children or teens about safety or healthy sexual development.
- Workbooks on a topic related to the above such as trauma-informed treatment or other emerging issues.
We ask that you include the following materials in your proposal:
- Tell us your qualifications for writing this book
- Contact information: name, address, phone number, and email address
- Working title
- Tell us why the book is timely, innovative or better than what currently exists. And please let us know of any other books on this topic that you know about and why your book is different
- Briefly describe the book and the goal of the book
- Provide an outline of the book and/or a table of contents with a brief description of what each chapter contains.
MANUSCRIPT OR SAMPLE CHAPTERS
- Submit a sample chapter(s) if possible. While this is not critical to our conversations, if you have started writing, it is helpful for us to know the quality of your work.
- If you send us a whole manuscript, please let us know what chapters best represent your work
- Describe the audience for your book, why they would be interested, and what they would get from reading your book
- Do you have any agencies/groups who would be interested in purchasing a number of copies at pre-publication discounts?
Please send paper-based proposals to:
Alisa Klein, Director
NEARI Press and Training Center
70 North Summer Street
Holyoke, MA 01040
Please send electronic proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you send in a paper-based proposal and would like us to return the full document, please be sure to include your current mailing address as well as a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Thank you for considering NEARI Press. If you have any questions, you can also call Alisa Klein at 413.540.0712 x35.