Applying Indigenous Based Work with Indigenous and Western Communities
June 20, 2017 @ 3:00 pm
Description: An indigenous approach to working in communities with Harmful Sexual Behavior. This discussion will explain some of the clinical Maori principals and applications in practice. We will also share some of the barriers that prevent indigenous therapies from being fully understood and our journey through navigating a way forward in the sexual violence treatment, intervention and prevention sector in New Zealand, what it means to be the only indigenous treatment center in New Zealand, and what indigenous clinical practice has to offer non-indigenous clients and practitioners.
You can view the recording here.
You can download the PowerPoint slides here.
**Our CE process has recently changed. Please read carefully!
1. Please go to the following website to purchase CE credits BEFORE YOU REGISTER FOR THE WEBINAR ITSELF: www.orlandobehaviorhealth.org. Using the PayPal button for the correct course or webinar, select your license type using the dropdown menu for the course/webinar by following the NEARI link on top of the website (www.orlandobehaviorhealth.org/NEARI.html), and select the menu item for the correct webinar or course.
2. The questions and final post-test evaluation are available directly via links on the CE course listing on the Orlando Behavior Health services website. After you attend the webinar, please follow the links to complete your post-test evaluation.
3. Answer the test questions and save the test with your answers and post-test in a Word document.
CE type requested (currently only available for psychologists and social workers):
5. You must achieve at least 80% correct answers to receive CEs.
6. Once your test is confirmed as correct, Orlando Behavior Health Services will email your CE certificate.